• What is travel insurance?
• Why does traveler need to take out travel insurance?
• What does travel accident insurance insure traveler against?
• How can traveler take out travel insurance?
• Helpful Tips about Travel Insurance
• How can you choose different types of insurance based on different ways of travel?
• If an accident occurs during your travel, what should you do?
• Video on Shanghai’s travel insurance
|What is travel insurance?|
Travel operator or traveler pays insurance premium to insurer pursuant to travel insurance contract, and insurer assumes compensation liability with respect to travel operator or traveler for the damage to property, death and disability caused by accident during travel pursuant to travel insurance contract.
|Why does traveler need to take out travel insurance?|
In the course of travel, various risks exist. Taking out travel insurance is the best way to cover the loss or damage in a preemptive manner.
|What does travel accident insurance insure traveler against?|
Travel accident insurance may insure traveler against
● accidental death or disability
● actual medical expenses incurred by accidents
● hospitalization expenses incurred by serious bodily injuries and the transportation and accommodation expenses incurred by family members and relatives who come to visit in case of need
● loss of property or travel documents taken by traveler
● cancellation of travel due to accidents or illness
● delay of flight or ship caused by situations like bad weather or overbooking
● legal claims against the traveler arising from the loss of or damage to the property of other people or bodily injury to other people caused by accidents
● baggage delay
|How can traveler take out travel insurance?|
Traveler can get informed about and take out travel insurance at travel agencies or through the websites of travel agencies, the websites and call centers of insurers.
|Helpful Tips about Travel Insurance|
1. You should take out travel accident injury insurance.
Travel insurance contains travel agency liability insurance and travel accident insurance. Travel agency liability insurance insures travel agencies against claims against them which arise from loss and damage during the course of their business. The insured of the travel accident insurance is traveler, who is insured against disability, death or loss of other nature caused by accidents; in this case, the insurer pays insurance money to the insured and the beneficiary of the insurance.
You should purchase the travel accident insurance product that best suits you based on the characteristics of your journey.
2. You should provide all true personal data on the insurance policy.
Failure to do so could lead to refusal to make compensation on the part of the insurer.
3. You should read the insurance contract carefully.
You should request a complete insurance contract from the insurer or insurance agent, read it carefully and fully and clearly understand the scope of liabilities and claims.
4. It is not true that the more insurance, the better.
At present, there are a lot of insurance products available on the market, with different insurance periods, insurance liabilities and insurance premiums. You should clearly and fully understand the coverage of the insurance, so that you won’t pay premium on different products that have the same coverage.
5. You should pay special attention to the items not covered by the insurance.
Travel insurance does not insure you against all risks. Travel insurance policy will generally indicate the items that are not covered, like war, armed conflict, disease that already exists before the insurance is taken out, strike, and any highly risky activity, among others. You should confirm whether your activities during your travel are covered by your insurance policy. If you have any questions, check with the insurer or insurance agent.
|How can you choose different types of insurance based on different ways of travel?|
1、Outbound travel:Travel rescue insurance is highly recommended. Once you are in trouble in a foreign country, you can contact the rescue organization that has formed partnerships with the insurer. If you are to travel to developed countries in Europe or North America, you should be fully aware whether or not the medical coverage is adequate as the local medical expenses could be prohibitive.
2、Driving:Taking out insurance for both yourself and the car is highly recommended.
3、Adventure: Be aware that the ordinary personal accident insurance generally does not insure you against highly risky activities. So you need to take out a special insurance to insure yourself against losses that could arise from extreme sports.
|If an accident occurs during your travel, what should you do?|
Stay clam and immediately notify relevant organizations, including travel agency, rescue organization and insurer. You should keep all the original copies of documents related to the accident, including certificate of transportation and certificate of accident (issued by local public security departments), certificate of diagnosis, medical expense receipt (issued by the hospital or medical institution) and forensic identification document, which will be provided to the insurer in the future for claims.
In addition, you should take with you the emergency hotline number, the insurance policy number, the hotline number of the insurer, your insurance card and credit card.
|Video on Shanghai’s travel insurance|
Video on Shanghai’s travel insurance