Guhua Park

Construction of Guhua Park began in 1984 and it opened to the public in October 1986. The park has offered free admission since March 2005. The park has been renovated and expanded a number of times; at present it covers an area of over 4 hectares. The park's construction utilized Fengxian's history and brought in or reconstructed a number of historic buildings, giving the park a strong historic atmosphere and rich water town scenery. The park's green spaces cover about 63% of the park, and water around 22%. It's home to a wide variety of plants which give the park a very distinct look each season.

The park has two lakes, one to the east and one to the west, and is encircled by a river. There are 22 bridges of various styles and sizes that traverse the water in the park, and 5600 square meters of pavilions, terraces, pagodas, halls, and other buildings. In terms of historic and scenic spots the park has "The First Bridge of Nantang" which was built in 1799, petrified wood dating back to the Jurassic period which is 28 meters in length, split into 12 segments, and 3.3 meters in circumference at the widest point, Wanqing Garden (with an unusual stone display) and Qiushui Garden, and Three Women Hill and Three Women Temple from the story of the King of Wu's three daughters who hung themselves.

  • 220 Middle Jiefang Road, Nanqiao Town
  • 021-57426892
  • Metro Line 1 to Xinzhuang then change to Nanqiao Line 2 bus

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The Official Shanghai China Travel Website is a practical and authoritative guide for visitors who travel to Shanghai China, and those corporations engaged in planning and organizing corporate incentive travel, conventions, exhibitions and events (MICE) in Shanghai China, covering Shanghai map, weather, flights, airport, train, hotels, restaurants, travel, expo travel, attractions, shopping, art, sports, nightlife, exhibitions, trade fairs, conventions, meetings, events etc.